THE SURREPTITIOUS OCCUPATION OF YOUR MIND
THE REAL QUESTION IS about Gaza is -
"WHEN IS ISRAEL GOING TO END ITS OCCUPATION AND RETURN TO THE PALESTINIANS THEIR LANDS AND FREEDOM?"
Examples of Israeli mind manipulation on Gaza which is part of Palestine:
- Israelis under the threat of daily attack from Gaza for years.
FACT: Palestinians have been under murderous Israeli occupation for 60 years. Now they live in an Apartheid condition.
- Hundreds of missiles and mortars shells were fired at Israelis.
FACT: Hundreds of thousands of Israeli bombs, missiles, rockets, grenades and tank-shells, bullets, have blasted the crowded city and towns of the Gaza Strip by Israel's high-tech weaponry, much of it supplied by the US for this purpose.
- We have shown restraint. But there is no other option than our bombing.
FACT: The only legitimate option for Israel is to end its occupation and withdraw behind its 1967 border, as required under international law and UN resolutions. Israel has been killing Palestinians at the rate of 8 to 1 since 2000, and children at the rate of nearly 12 to 1 (B'Tselem figures). Is this the Jewish state's 'restraint'?
- FACT: Israel let Gaza but blockaded it by air, land, sea, starving and depriving Palestinians.
- Israel to protect our citizens from attack by bombing the terror infrastructure in Gaza.
FACT: Resistance to occupation is an International Right. Palestinians have an equal right to protect their citizens from the terror tactics of Israel, including starvation and deprivation of medicine and fuel.
- Israel left Gaza in order to create an opportunity for peace.
Israel never left Gaza. It still occupies Gaza's airspace and coastal waters and controls all entrances and exits. It has killed scores of fishermen, fisher children, families playing on the beach.
- In return, the Hamas terror organization took control of Gaza and is using its citizens as cover while it deliberately targets Israeli communities and denies any chance for peace.
FACT: Hamas was voted into power as the legitimate government of Palestine. Israel attacked this democratic people's choice, a denial of their human rights, and immediately set about obliterating it. Israel wants Kapo style leaders it can pay to serve its interests.
- We have tried everything to reach calm without using force. We agreed to a truce through Egypt that was violated by Hamas, which continued to target Israel, hold Gilad Shalit and build up its arms.
FACT: Israel planned this assault over 6 months ago. It refused to talk. The Israelis' accelerated its already ongoing siege and economic blockade, shortly after Hamas was elected early in 2006. Israel did not want calm. And why is Shalit considered more important than the 11,000 Palestinians [including children] abducted and held prisoner by Israel? As soon as a Hamas government was formed Israeli troops abducted and jailed eight Hamas ministers and 20 other parliamentarians to goad Hamas and disrupt its governing.
- Israel acts to prevent humanitarian crisis and to minimize harm to Palestinian civilians.
FACT: Every agency operating in Gaza has warned of the deepening humanitarian crisis and protested about the starvation and suffering, especially of children many of whom show evidence of stunted growth. Jewish American Prof Richard Falk of the UN is the latest to decry the "crimes" of Israel on Gazans. The Jewish state arrested, humiliated and deported this UN emissary.
- The responsibility for harm to civilians lies with Hamas.
FACT: Israel, like Bush-Cheney's America ignores the the Fourth Geneva Convention which belies the Israeli dis-information.
- Hamas is a terrorist organization, supported by Iran, that does not represent the legitimate national interests of the Palestinian people but a radical Islamist agenda that seeks to deny peace for the peoples of this region.
FACT: Hamas was the popular, elected choice of Palestinians in internationally supervised elections. It is entitled under international law to take up arms against an illegal occupier and invader. If it is supported by Iran, so what? Israel receives billions of welfare annually, on the backs of the US tax payer. Israel's conduct fits the US definition of terrorism perfectly - see Bush's Executive Order 13224, Section 3.
- While confronting Hamas, Israel continues to believe in the two-state solution and remains committed to negotiations with the legitimate Palestinian Authority in the context of the peace process, launched at Annapolis.
FACT: Israel is busy establishing irreversible facts on the ground that make a viable Palestinian state impossible. ["We will make the Arabs like drugged cockroaches in a bottle"] The occupation regime has reneged on the peace process and has accelerated building illegal settlements and the illegal Wall, demolishing Palestinian homes, killing and abducting Palestinians.
- FACT: Months ago Hamas accepted a Palestinian state based on internationally recognized (pre-1967) borders, in accordance with UN resolutions, with full sovereignty and its capital in Jerusalem, but this has goaded Israel to attack to abort this development. Hamas also offered a 10-year truce, which Israel hates since it would interfere with its Apartheid solution.
- FACT: Yasser Arafat and the Palestine Liberation Organization recognized the State of Israel in the Oslo agreement but Israel accelerated land theft and squatterments inhabited by radical fundamentalist terrorists. Today's USI backed, Fatah-controlled Palestinian Authority is not representative of the Palestinian people. Abbas and his henchmen are protected by the USI while he jails his own nationalists.
- Israel expects the support and understanding of the international community, as it confronts terror, and advances the interest of all those who wish the forces of peace and co existence to determine the agenda of this region.
- FACT: Israel and the US are the biggest purveyors of terror in the region. The US destroyed Iraq to support the Israeli-centric NeoCons and their irredentist state, based on "A Clean Break" re-packaged as The New American Century. This was a plan to own the ME.
From another Israeli statement dated 22 December 2008: -
- Hamas, backed by Iran, has regularly stated its desire to see the complete destruction of Israel.
FACT: Israel is itself a leading destroyer and currently engaged in trying to wipe out Hamas and the Gazans. Iran's President Ahmadinajad quoted the late Ayatollah Khomeini as saying that this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the pages of time - fair comment considering that Jerusalem, with Bethlehem, was designated an international city under the UN Partition Plan.
- Israeli propaganda twisted the Iranian's words to read Israel must be wiped off the map. Zionist sources and the manifestos of Israeli political parties have made it clear for a long time that Israel plans to wipe Palestine off the map, and every act and lie is directed towards that end.
- Our fight is not with the people of Gaza; it is with the extremists of Hamas.
FACT: The Israeli navy has never stopped harassment and shell fire on peaceable Gazan fishermen who are well within their own territorial waters?
- Israel prevents Palestinian students from taking up places at foreign universities
- Israel blocks hospital spares, medicines, foodstuffs and foreign medics from entering Gaza and has been destroying medicine warehouses.
- The Israeli navy just rammed a mercy vessel in international waters taking doctors and medicines to Gaza?
- Israel destroyed the Islamic University and the Ministry of Education. These are direct attacks on Gazan civil society and its infrastructure.
- Israel is repeating its Lebanon war crimes in Gaza.
- Hamas started this conflict, and it bears responsibility for any harm to civilians on either side.
FACT: The conflict, started by Jewish Irgun terrorists, has been going on for 60 years, decades before Hamas came into being.
- Israel's only responsibility is to protect Israeli citizens.
FACT: As the occupying power Israel has the duty to see that the people of the occupied territories come to no harm. Instead it began a slow genocide campaign of starvation and deprivation even as it left Gaza under attack.
- Israel seeks to defend its civilian population, Hamas seeks to kill them.
FACT: Just as Hamas seeks to defend its civilian population, Israel seeks to kill them.
- Rocket attacks have continued for years and are now a daily occurrence. How long does the international community expect Israel will wait before defending itself against them?
FACT: The rocket attacks will end when Israel ends its ghastly occupation and stops terrorizing Palestinians.
- In the south of Israel, Israeli citizens live with air raid sirens sounding every day - sometimes every hour. Their situation is intolerable.
FACT: Not half as intolerable as it is for the Gazans, who live in constant fear of air raids and re-invasion and are constantly under surveillance by armed drones which can fire missiles under computer control from an armchair in Israeli headquarters. Israel also uses jets breaking the sound barrier at night to deliberately deafen Gazans and terrorize children.
- For years, the international community has turned a blind eye to this onslaught. Only when Israel seeks to stop the rockets do they take notice.
FACT: Rather, the international community has turned a blind eye to Israel's violations of international law and human rights, which is why the problem remains unsolved. What control does Israel and its friends exercise?
- Hamas is the enemy of Israel - and the enemy of every Palestinian
- FACT: Israelis hatred of the Palestinians' democratic choice and are bent on obliterating it because it is honest and not corrupt like the PA which is on the payroll of the USI.
- It is Hamas' attacks - not Israel's reactions - that destroy every opportunity we have for peace.
FACT: The world has managed to work out by now that Israel doesn't want peace until it has stolen all the land and water it needs to expand its racist state into a Greater Israel. It is well on the way to achieving this and won't be thwarted.
- Palestinian militants targeted by Israel are not just the enemies of the Israeli people; they are criminals under international law, and enemies of peace.
FACT: Israel hates international law and rails against it.
- What is collective punishment? 'Collective punishment' is a city - schools, hospitals, homes - civilians being bombarded every single day by rockets and mortars.
FACT: Collective punishment is keeping a whole population bottled up under siege and blocking supplies and exports, smashing their infrastructure, wrecking their economy and starving and killing their children. There is no moral equivalency with Sederot.
Today's Middle East is divided between extremists and pragmatists. Hamas, backed by Iran, belongs to the extremists, who must be defeated for the sake of the future of the Middle East... Israel's primary goal is peace.
FACT: Israel's primary goal is the expansion of Israel by making the occupation of the West Bank permanent and bringing the Gazans to their knees. They own Fatah and cannot readily effect a kapo arrangement with Hamas in power.
[I owe most of this to an article by Stuart Littlewood]
My opinion is that Israel succeeds in managing your mind and owning your opinions because it has influence over much of the media and our MP's. Check that out for yourself.
I have added opinions couched in terms that are not those of Mr. Littlewood original article. - John Ish Ishmael]